CPMA Certification Course Training Institute
CPMA Course Training Details
- Organization :- www.aapc.com
- Type Of Exam :- Open Code Book (ICD-10CM, CPT, HCPCS Level II).
- Total Marks :- 150 multiple choice questions (70% Pass).
- CPMA Exam Fee :- $530 + AAPC Member ship ($160).
- Retake :- One Free Retake.
- Exam Duration :- 5 Hours and 40 minutes to finish the exam.
- Training Duration :- 8 to 10 Weeks.
- Eligibility :- Life Science Graduates.
Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) Description :
Advance your career with the CPMA credential. Medical auditing is a critical piece to compliant and profitable physician practices. Whether it's RAC audits, private payer denials, or just peace of mind, more physicians are plan to have audits conducted regularly. The risks of being non-compliant with documentation and coding are too great. As a Certified Professional Medical Auditor(CPMA), you will be able to use your proven knowledge of coding and documentation guidelines to improve the revenue cycle of nearly all healthcare practices.
Certified CPMA have demonstrated expertise in:
Expertise in Medical documentation, fraud, abuse, and penalties for documentation and coding violations based on Governmental guidelines
Superior Coding Concepts
StrongScope and Statistical Sampling Methodologies
Strong Medical Record Auditing Skills and Abstraction Ability
Strong Quality Assurance and Coding Risk Analysis
Communication of Results and Findings
The Medical Record
Growing Demand For Medical Coders :
According to the united states Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for certified medical coders will increase 22 percent through the year 2022. Prepare yourself to meet the industry demand by becoming a Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA). This is your first step to a career in healthcare industry. Increase your chances of being hired in a competitive job market.
Show Your Proficiency :
Through rigorous examination and experience, certified CPMA have proven mastery of all code sets (CPT, ICD-10-CM, HCPCS Level II), evaluation and management principles, surgical coding and adherence to documentation and coding guidelines. Certified CPMA represent excellence in medical coding.
Learn From The Professional Experts :
GenSol goal is to train medical coders to be industry ready. We provide a complete education, preparing you for the CPMA examination. Our in-depth CPMA examination preparation course is for individuals preparing for a career in medical coding. Students preparing for the CPMA examination with our preparation courses are twice as likely to pass.
Medical Coding is for any Medical, Paramedical and life science students - BHMS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, BYNS, BDS, BPT, BOT, Pharmacy, Nursing, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Zoology, Nutrition and Dietics, Botony, Chemistry and other degree. Experience in any healthcare sector Clinical Practice, Research, Labs, Hospitals, Insurance Companies, Medical Transcription, Medical Billing are the added advantage to enter Medical Coding industry.
Approved Manuals for Use During CPMA Examination :
CPT® Books (AMA standard or professional edition ONLY). No other publisher is allowed to CPMA Examination.
Your choice of ICD-10-CM.
Your choice of HCPCS Level II.
Medical Coding CPMA Certification Requirements :
Having an associate’s degree.
Pay exam fee at the time of application submission.
Please Maintain current membership with the AAPC.
New members should submit membership payment with examination application.
Renewing members should have a current membership at the time of submission and when exam results are Released.
A CPMA should have at least two years medical coding experience (member's with an apprentice designation are Not required to have two years medical coding experience.)
26 multiple choice questions
- Loading... The Medical Record
- Loading... HIPAA Privacy and Release of Medical Record Information
- Loading... Covered Entities
- Loading... HIPAA Privacy Regulations
- Loading... JCAHO Documentation Standards
- Loading... Record Retention
- Loading... The Advance Beneficiary Notification
- Loading... Legal Requirements of the Medical Record
- Loading... Analyzing the Operative Report
32 multiple choice questions
- Loading... The Compliance Plan
- Loading... Fraud and Abuse
- Loading... Civil Monetary Penalties Law
- Loading... Federal False Claims Act
- Loading... Stark
- Loading... Type of Audits
- Loading... OIG Regulations and Workplan
- Loading... National Correct Coding Initiative
- Loading... CMS guidelines for E/M documentation
- Loading... OIG imposed CIA (Corporate Integrity Agreements)
- Loading... Recovery Audits and other government programs
20 multiple choice questions
- Loading... CPT coding concepts
- Loading... Modifier usage
- Loading... Diagnosis coding and medical necessity
- Loading... Evaluation and Management Documentation Guidelines
- Loading... Coding Guidelines versus carrier guidelines
11 multiple choice questions
- Loading... Audit scope
- Loading... Statistical sampling
Audit Cases including:52 questions (24 audit cases)
- Loading... Evaluation and Management
- Loading... Surgery
- Loading... Physical Therapy
- Loading... Radiology
- Loading... Psychiatry
- Loading... Hematology/Oncology
- Loading... Infusion Services
09 multiple choice questions
- Loading... Validation of Audit Results
- Loading... Analysis and Report of Audit Findings
- Loading... Communicating Audit Results
- Loading... Corrective Action
GenSol CPMA Training Course Outline :-
|CPMA Certification Course Topics||Duration||Study Material||Mock Test Que|
|01. Introduction Of CPMA||00:30min||Yes||30 Que|
|02. Medical Terminology||03:00Hrs||Yes||1000 Que|
|03. Digestive System||04:00Hrs||Yes||100 Que|
|04. Respiratory System||04:00Hrs||Yes||100 Que|
|05. Blood System||04:00Hrs||Yes||100 Que|
|06. Urinary System||04:00Hrs||Yes||100 Que|
|07. Endocrine System||04:00Hrs||Yes||100 Que|
|08. Lymphatic and Immune Systems||04:00Hrs||Yes||100 Que|
|09. Skin||04:00Hrs||Yes||100 Que|
|10. Sense Organs : The Eye and the Ear||04:00Hrs||Yes||100 Que|
|11. Reproductive System||03:00Hrs||Yes||100 Que|
|12. Musculoskeletal System||04:00Hrs||Yes||150 Que|
|13. Nervous System||04:00Hrs||Yes||150 Que|
|14. Cardiovascular System||04:00Hrs||Yes||150 Que|
|15. Introduction Of ICD-10-CM||01:00Hrs||Yes||100 Qes|
|16. Conventions for the ICD-10-CM||02:00Hrs||Yes||20 Que|
|17. General Coding Guidelines||02:00Hrs||Yes||20 Que|
|18. Introduction Of Chapter-Specific Coding Guidelines||01:00Hrs||Yes||20 Qes|
|19. ICD-10-CM Chapter 1||03:00Hrs||Yes||40 Que|
|20. ICD-10-CM Chapter 2||03:00Hrs||Yes||40 Que|
|21. ICD-10-CM Chapter 3||01:00Hrs||Yes||20 Que|
|22. ICD-10-CM Chapter 4||04:00Hrs||Yes||50 Que|
|23. ICD-10-CM Chapter 5||02:00Hrs||Yes||30 Que|
|24. ICD-10-CM Chapter 6||02:00Hrs||Yes||30 Que|
|25. ICD-10-CM Chapter 8||01:00Hrs||Yes||30 Que|
|26. ICD-10-CM Chapter 9||04:00Hrs||Yes||60 Que|
|27. ICD-10-CM Chapter 10||03:00Hrs||Yes||50 Que|
|28. ICD-10-CM Chapter 11||02:00Hrs||Yes||30 Que|
|29. ICD-10-CM Chapter 12||02:00Hrs||Yes||30 Que|
|30. ICD-10-CM Chapter 13||03:00Hrs||Yes||40 Que|
|31. ICD-10-CM Chapter 14||03:00Hrs||Yes||40 Que|
|32. ICD-10-CM Chapter 15||04:00Hrs||Yes||60 Que|
|33. ICD-10-CM Chapter 16||03:00Hrs||Yes||30 Que|
|34. ICD-10-CM Chapter 17||01:00Hrs||Yes||20 Que|
|35. ICD-10-CM Chapter 18||03:00Hrs||Yes||40 Que|
|36. ICD-10-CM Chapter 19||04:00Hrs||Yes||60 Que|
|37. ICD-10-CM Chapter 20||04:00Hrs||Yes||40 Que|
|38. ICD-10-CM Chapter 21||03:00Hrs||Yes||40 Que|
|39. Medical Record Standards and Documentation Guidelines||02:30mins||Yes||60 Que|
|40. Coding and Documentation Compliance Guidelines||04:00Hrs||Yes||60 Que|
|41. Coding and Reimbursement Concepts||03:00Hrs||Yes||60 Que|
|42. Scope and Statistical Sampling Methodologies||02:00Hrs||Yes||40 Que|
|43. Medical Record Auditing Abstraction||02:00Hrs||Yes||50 Que|
|44. Category Risk Analysis and Communication||02:00Hrs||Yes||40 Que|
|44. CPMA Certification Exam Tips||01:00Hrs||Yes||-|